Complaints and Governance


If as a resident, relative or visitor, you feel that there is cause for complaint, you should first discuss the matter with the care manager.

If the matter is in your opinion a serious one, or if you remain dissatisfied, you can record the complaint in the Complaints Log (the home will acknowledge your complaint within 24 hours) this is available from the care manager. A full investigation will be made into the complaint and you will be advised of the result within a 28 day period.

If you feel the complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction then the matter should be referred to the Providers. Should the complaint not be resolved within the Home then it will be referred to Staffordshire Complaints Manager. Residents and representative may complain directly to Staffordshire. Their contact details are:

Complaints Service Manager
Complaints and Representation Team
Directorate of Social Care and Health
Wedgwood Building
Tipping Street
ST16 2DS

Tel: 01785 277406
Email: complaints&[email protected]

Click the links below to view our complaints policy and our Adult Safeguarding policy.

The care sector is governed by the governments Care Quality Commission, or CQC for short. The CQC carries out inspections of care homes, prepares reports identifying the quality of care, and intervenes to require improvements if that care is not up to the required standard.

Care homes are inspected annually, unless the CQC has particular concerns that warrant further visits.